Thursday, October 18, 2012

101 Florals - Raflessia

Llew Mejia over at 101 Florals was very kind to allow me to do a pattern for them! I have loved the raflessia since I was a kid, reading about them in books and thinking about how strange it must be for the largest flower in the world (the largest unbranched inflorescence, specifically speaking) to have its carrion smell and feeding on insects. 

Yeah, I was that kid (like you don't know it already!). 

Anyhow, here are a couple views of it. And you can also check it out here at the 101 Florals blog - amazing work that they're doing over there!



I'll also be posting better pictures of Hamlet ASAP! So excited to show them to you all!

2 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Stunning... the real flower, and your artful depictions. What a lovely impression your art makes. Thank you!

Kevin Stanton said...

Thank you so much!

 

Web Page Counters