Tuesday, February 8, 2011

block prints and good news!

I wanted to switch things up a bit and do something simple. It often starts that way and becomes gradually more complicated. But I've been foolin around with block prints for a little while and wanted to try my hand at characters, as well as printing as a form of illustration. So this is a small series of wild animals interacting with manmade objects. I like how they turned out:

Sunbear:


Giraffe (now I realize that that's a small tree, but a bonsai is technically a manmade object, and it's my bonsai, Arktos. Yes, he has a name):


Fox:


And I am currently in negotiations to do 32 illustrations total for two different books in a series of Barnes and Noble Classics!!! Romeo & Juliet and Macbeth!!!

10 comments:

Heather Sisson said...

I love the fox with the toast :D

Jane Yoo said...

Swweet!! i want you autograph when it comes out :)







Marie McLaughlin
said...

you never cease to amaze me!

Noelle said...

Congratulations! I sold those books for a little while and heard that they were planning on redoing the entire collection of Barnes and Noble classics.

Melissa Ling said...

Love the textures on these prints. The floor on the giraffe one is so very beautiful!

Joy Pierce said...

Cannot tell you how incredibly proud I am of you. You're amazing. LOVE!!!!!

Akeem Everett said...

congrats kevin can't wait to see what you do for the books.

folderol said...

Thank you all!!! Hopefully I'll be able to post my progress but it's turning into a huge project now involving even more than 32 illustrations!

Thanks for everyone's continuing support!

gailmccormick said...

Wow, congrats on the Barnes & Noble Classics! Also, I am glad to have found your blog (thanks to Ann Martin @ All Things Paper)!

folderol said...

Thank you so much Gail!

 

Web Page Counters