Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year Update

Sketchbook stuff, really.

This is my impression of that gorgeous lunar eclipse, done once in watercolor at the time, and another later with an added corona:

I showed the junco from this page a long time ago and finally finished these birds. It's a junco and a tufted titmouse, since I kept seeing them outside when I was working. I'm still trying to figure out the combination of watercolor and paper. I don't consider this as much of a successful piece as I would like, but I learned a lot from the process, and the painting specifically has given me a lot more confidence in my painting skills. The birds were actually completed before I started the Monarch page and mailer.



5 comments:

Jonessta said...

Oooh I love the eclipse one, I like the combination of paper and watercolours, it really suits your style =) I like the birds as well.
Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year.
x

lorraine nam[sta] said...

i really like how these came out! i want to see more experiments!

folderol said...

Thank you both! More experiments to come soon I hope! Although I need to buckle down and start working on a children's book soon too!

LeahNO said...

These are GORGEOUS, I love them! I really like that you used real live sticks with the paper.

folderol said...

Thanks Leah! Of course I had to use real sticks!

 

Web Page Counters