I finally finished one of two sketchbook pages I've been working on (seen below). But then I decided to make it into a mailer, and then decided that the butterflies that I had already completely cut weren't the right color and not as well-designed as I wanted so I completely redid them into the corona that you see now.
I'm trying to incorporate watercolor and flat paper together. In a way, I think it has the potential to blow open a new direction for me. I'd really love to hear what people think, because I've shirked watercolor for too long now, and am interested in whatcha think.
I'm pretty psyched to print these out and send them to clients!
Oh, and I'm a bit disappointed to say that my cover for The Orchard wasn't chosen to be published - they went with a photographic cover instead. Still, a job is a job, and I also got an awesome piece out of it, so I'm not that disappointed.